Wednesday 11 February 2009

comparison

I liked the film and the book verry much but I prefered the film a bit.
The film is better because sometimes in the book theres to much action to picture in your head were as in the film its there already. Also in the film there wasn’t as much action, but you could understand the plot a lot easier. The film was also very nice because most of the scenes where almost exacly the same. Also for some reason I concentrate and absorb the information easier when im watching instead of reading.
Although I prefer the book there are a few things that I didn’t really like about it. It missed a lot of scenes like: when Ponyboy gets jumped, when soda is mocking the reporters, when they magicaly transport themsleves from the train to the abandoned church, when they dont show us the place at the court, and most importantly for me when pony has his breakdown after Jonnys death. I think that leaving the scene where ponyboy gets jumped is a bit stupid because it doesn’t introuce us well to the book. Also I think it was important that they put the court scene because the way they showed it on the film it was as if everyone completely forgot about what happened that night at the park. Most importantly they didn’t show ponyboys breakdown. Doing that they made us think that he just easily got over johny’s death, when realy he was verry depressed and sad.
Another bad thing is the fact that it’s not in first person. In the film we can’t hear ponyboys ideas and feelings, where as in the book we know exactly what he is feeling almost all the time.
To sum it up, the film had some bad things to it but I enjoyed it more than the book because its easier to understand.

No comments: