Wednesday 29 April 2009

Easter Holidays

On the Saturday before school started there was an Anorthosis –Apoel match in Larnaca but unfortunately I could not go because nobody would take me. Before watching the game on TV I went to my neighbor who has a small well in his garden that is not at all profound. There we played Playstation and on the computer. I later went home to watch the game.
Apoel played terribly, but we managed to finish 1-1 and won the championship. When we tied the game, the Anorthosis fans threw stuff at our goal keeper which was incomprehensible because he did not provoke or do any anything controversial. As he walked away from the goal, I could see him muttering to the referee, but it was incoherent to the rest of us.
After the game finished, the centre of Nicosia was colored orange because everybody was out celebrating, particularly outside the fan club. We were partying before the players came. On their arrival, flares lit the sky, smoke bombs were set off. It was so much fun we used all the superlatives we knew to describe it each other. At 12, I had to go home. I watched a few movies and slept.

No comments: